COVID-19 Low-Income Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program
What is the COVID-19 ERA Program?
The purpose of the COVID-19 Low-Income ERA Program is to provide emergency rental assistance for the payment of rent and utilities, for low-income households whose income is at or below 80% of the Median Income, who face potential eviction or homelessness, and who are Tribal members and other Indian families who have disproportionately suffered from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The program can assist with delinquent rent and/or utilities as far back as March 2020 and up to December 2021 with a cap of 12-months of assistance per household. The COVID-19 Low-Income ERA Program does not assist homeowners to cover their mortgage payments, utilities, or energy costs unless the applicant and household are on a “rent-to-own” agreement or Mutual Help and Occupancy Agreement.
Who is eligible to receive ERA Program Assistance?
If you said yes to the Base Rule and most to all of these questions, you may be eligible to receive
- Are you or anyone in your household a tribal member of Native Village of Barrow?
- Are you or anyone in your household delinquent to pay rent on house/apartment payments that you are currently living in?
- Are you or anyone in your household qualified for Unemployment Benefits, or have you or anyone in your household experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs or have financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Are you or anyone in your household at risk of becoming homeless?
- Do you and your household currently live in the State of Alaska?
How long will this program be in effect?
Assistance to be provided under the ERA Program is subject to the availability of funds. When funding for the ERA Program is fully expended, the ERA Program will terminate. NVB may terminate this Program at any time.
Where can I find more information about the ERA Program?
Please contact Theresa Olemaun at (907) 852-4411 or email email@example.com for more information regarding this program or to request an ERA Program Application.
For a full list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding the ERA Program, please visit:
To request an ERA Program Application and for assistance in applying for Emergency Rental Assistance, please contact your ERA Specialist at (907) 351-0461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Can Either Complete the Online Application or Download and Complete the Forms Below