Housing Policies & Procedures | Native Village of Barrow
The Housing Department’s Mission and Programs are to assist low income Tribal members in their time of need. We manage several grant funded programs on behalf of the Tribe to accomplish this. All programs are geared towards eligible Low-Income Tribal members.
Housing Grants | Native Village of Barrow
The Indian Housing Block Grant for $ 1,551,257 provides a range of affordable housing activities for low and very low income as per the approved program model activities below.
- New Construction of Homebuyer units
- Rehabilitation assistance for substandard homes
- Homeless assistance
- Housing Services: 1st month rent and security deposit assistance
- Payments to prevent foreclosure
- Emergency Repair
- Other Activities to benefit Tribe/Members include Energy Auditing, home inspections, Land lease, and Real Property acquisition.
HUD Grant for $800,000. NVB is partnering with TNHA as the sub-recipient agreement to remodel the complex for low-income Tribal households, with a native hiring preference
Native American Housing Rehabilitation Program Grant for $30,000 for three $10K projects to assist eligible members to remodel their homes.
Housing Assistant Application
Please contact our office with any questions or assistance with the application process at 907-852-4411
P.O. Box 1130 Barrow, Alaska 99723 | phone 907.852.4411 | fax 907.852.8844